Thursday, July 07, 2005

Long time coming...

It's been years since reality TV has been popular and I've always stringently resisted. 'Survivor' did nothing for me, as did countless other shows since they always seemed to glorify the basest aspects of human behaviour. Well, maybe since my English viewing choices are somewhat limited in Korea, or perhaps I've just sunk to new lows in my standards, but last night I truly enjoyed TWO episodes of two different reality shows. The first was, 'Pimp My Car'. This airs here on MTV and features some lucky bloke who gets his ride remade by pros. It might have been because the guy who was chosen was kinda was kinda cute, but it was also because the way the guys talk on this show is highly entertaining. They speak in the highest grade of West Coast hip-hop street-wise English. Hence the title of the show. The second show was (to my shame) 'Manhunt'. The premise of this show is to take 20 good looking, well built guys, transform them into models and then have them compete via a series of differently themed photo shoots. They're evaluated on the basis of their photos and slowly eliminated till the most model-rific one remains as the victor. This show is truly a guilty pleasure - the fellas are for sure juicy and seeing them dress up and pose in a variety of ways is delightful. I keep wondering if I'd enjoy the same show but with female wanna-be models and I'm fairly sure I wouldn't, but hey what can you do! It's "reality" TV!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home