Sunday, June 19, 2005

Montreal - Saturday June 4

Well folks, not much happened Friday June 3 as I was suffering from such wacky jet lag that though I'd gone to bed reasonably late the night before, I still managed to wake up around 5 am and was unable to fall back asleep. So I watched a couple of movies: 'Shaun of the Dead', a goofy British zombie movie, and the excellent 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind'. The rest of the day was spent feeling tired and finally after a delicious dinner of barbecued shrimp cooked up by Ian, fell asleep at a somewhat decent hour.

Saturday came to me again at a ridiculously early hour, so I watched 'Team America', a hysterical if a tad vulgar movie starring marionettes. Then it was shopping time! I hit the groovy Renaissance second-hand shop near St.Laurent and de Castelnau, and then headed downtown to meet Rich. He needed to buy a suit and I needed to research dresses. Here's us taking a break with our space-age beverage:

Later that night, Vincent joined myself, Margaret and Ian and we headed over to Margaret and Ian's favourite restaurant in Montreal: Bombay Mahal. An unassuming place near Jean Talon and Acadie, this place serves up arguably the best Indian food ever. Though the waiter was a little surly and had to be asked about 20 times before he brought the lime pickle I'd requested, the food was indeed delicious. Here's Vincent showing off his yummy dish whereas Ian and Margaret are getting on with the business of eating:






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home