Monday, October 08, 2007

More Jeju

In my previous post I showed a $20 bacon and egg breakfast. This was from the sorta posh hotel I stayed at one night. I'd requested an ocean view room and this is what I paid for. Pretty cultivated right? Well that view is if I stuck my head over the balcony and looked to the right. The view that was actually in front of me was this:
Those are greenhouses. Not really very oceanic.

Sort of in the vicinity of the hotel were a variety of strange museums. I passed up the Teddy Bear Museum and the Sex Theme Park (I'm not making that up) and instead opted for the Sound Museum. There were some interesting things, including a couple of rooms filled with old phonograph sets. I'd never actually seen one up close before.

There was also a room that had instruments from around the world, which was cool, but the final room was this:
I have no idea what was going on the mind of whoever created this room, nor could I figure out what it had to do with sound. It was just sort of bizarre and vaguely creepy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home