Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Anne's Grumpy Christmas

Minor personal stuff *about my feelings*:

It's Christmas and I'm grumpy. I miss my family and I don't feel like hanging around the people I know here in Busan. So I've been staying at home the past week or so indulging in a quasi hermit-like existence. Lots of coffee, tea, movies and TV on my computer, as well as Diablo II. Every 2nd year or so I enjoy playing a real computer game. Yes I know, Diablo II is not exactly new but I'm having fun with it. I'm a level 11 sorceress!!

In other less self-pitying news, I signed a new contract yesterday. New as in new department cause the position is still at Pukyong - my fifth contract at this uni!! The contract is not ideal in that it's too many hours per week, but this is offset by a satisfyingly higher monthly salary, and 12 weeks vacation a year. Also, my students will be awesome cause I'll be teaching only English majors. Woot! So the headache of looking for a new job and moving has been avoided for one more year...

A few weeks ago I went through the bizarre process of getting a new cell phone. There was nothing wrong with my old one but I decided I'd really like a phone with a bilingual dictionary. Makes figuring out what I'm buying at the grocery store a little less of a crap shoot. Amidst various phone calls and faxing of documents I was able to get an older model phone for about $30CAD. It's still very fancy though. Along with the delightful dictionary it's got a pretty decent camera. While I don't usually carry my real camera around, I usually have my phone on me. Which means I can take random pictures like this:
In all homes here people take off their shoes before entering. Last night there was a Christmas Eve party with many attendees and this was the result. That's a whole lotta footwear...

I also spent a while snapping shots of my kitty, much to her disinterest. Here's her in her 'sexy' pose:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone out there who never bothers to write!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's some grump there. Sounds like you need a vacation.

08 January, 2008 03:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home