Sunday, December 31, 2006

I am a superhero

Living in Korea one expects not to be able to get every little thing that's available in one's homeland. For the most part, I've either been able to find or get over most of the stuff I really miss. One thing that I've been unable to find and unable to get over, however, is pita bread. Rummaging around online one day I came across a recipe for pita which claimed to be easy. I was very skeptical, since the recipe called for yeast - a substance of magical properties which I've always stayed away from. Finally the day arrived when I was ready to try. With the help of a little stove top cooking device Ian kindly sent over to me my first batch turned out pretty durned good. Even if the texture/ size was a little off, they actually tasted like pita! Oh happy day! One of the tricks to preparing pita is to get them to puff on the stove. My second batch I had even better results, as you can see here. Woohoo!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home