Sunday, August 21, 2005

Pretty cool photo, no?

For their honeymoon, Ian and Margaret took a lengthy cross-Canada road/camping trip. Well, at least from Ottawa to Victoria and back. They recently returned and Ian's showed me a few of their photos. This one I liked so much it's now the wallpaper on my desktop. This is what a mine looks like everyone. In this case, it's McIntyre mine. As part of their journey, Ian and Marg visited the town where Ian and I grew up. It's a (semi) northern town in Ontario by the name of Timmins (if any of you every mention Shania Twain to my face you're in big trouble). It's not that I have some sentimental attachment to mines as being an inextricable part of my childhood: when I saw this photo the sheer geometry of this structure set against a sparse natural background really impressed me. Props due to the photographer of course!



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wizzy lizzie has busted her right arm quite badly and is laid up with round-the-clock attendants. this is my first attempt at the computer and the cursor has a mind of its own. but i wanted to tell you haw pleased i was with the timmins picture. i have only the fondest mememories of the place which is good.i am not sick,just unable to fend for myself.ask mum for the details. write if you get a chance. lizzie

26 August, 2005 00:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home