Saturday, March 29, 2008

Little update

Though you poor Canadians are still probably buried under snow, spring has sprung in Busan with the cherry blossoms starting to bloom their delicate pale pink blossoms. School is busy but good. My students are amazing - it is a real treat to teach English majors.

The earlier post about a laptop, monitor and burger was very brief as at the time Colin and I were near starvation. Having already made one failed attempt to get a burger on the tenth floor of the ridiculously busy Lotte Department store we were forced to forge our way through the Saturday throngs to get to a second T.G.I.F. which did finally have the burgers we so desired. We had to wait a while for our burgers to arrive so the post was basically to distract myself from my hunger. What I ended up buying that day was a simple laptop to use for work as well as a lovely 22" LCD widescreen monitor which I didn't really need but was so cheap I figured why not. It sure takes up less space on my desk than the 19" CRT I had previously.

In other news, I continue to listen to music obsessively. I've decided to trade in my iPod Nano that I've had for a year and replace it with an iRiver Clix. It'll take a while to get used to the new design as well as the minor annoyance that I have to keep it on hold while in my pocket to prevent track stopping/skippage, but the sound quality is stellar and no more annoying iTunes. I listen to all sorts of stuff but for the past several monthes I've been under the growingly firm impression that Queens of the Stone Age are possibly the greatest rock band of our time (no disrespect to Led Zepplin). All five of their albums are so frikkin good.

In other hobby related news I'm looking forward to April 4th and I know many of you out there don't even need me to say why. I'll tell you this though, I am midly concerned the internet will explode that day due to the insane frenzy that will result from the beginning of BSG Season 4. Woo!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Bell said...

OK, I'm stumped. Do I need to be careful on April 4th?

29 March, 2008 22:19  
Blogger Anne said...

Ha ha no need for real concern. April 4th is the season premiere for season four of the very very popular Battlestar Galacticaseries. It is heavily anticipated by many fans. Ask Ian or Marg, they'll be happy to tell you all about it :)

29 March, 2008 22:25  
Blogger Piyush said...

Great information...

Best Manga Websites
Techwiki

24 February, 2019 04:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home