Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ocular Issues and Space Kimchi

I've been reasonably disoriented since returning from Vietnam. I had such a good time there and since coming back to Busan only to be faced with loads of impending work as well as an assortment of random tasks that I've been having trouble staying on target. This was exacerbated when around 6:15 today I took a walk to the main office to pick up a parcel containing a package of ravioli, 5 avocados, 4 pounds of bacon and 6 kilos of Tide detergent (welcome to expat land) and the suddenly strong wind blew a particle presumably from the recently opened construction site in front of the library into my unsuspecting eye. The particle refused to dislodge itself even after repeated blinking and me pouring half a litre or so of mildly salty water into my afflicted eye. The situation was distressing enough that I had to cancel dinner plans with James so that I might (it turns out in vain) seek medical attention. All eye clinics/hospitals in the region were closed so I was forced to make do with some eye drops. These, along with a hearty dinner of Indian food and a few drinks with friends have put a temporary hold on things. I'm hoping a night of fitful rest will dislodge the offending particle, otherwise I'm off to the doctor first thing in the a.m.

Personal ocular issues aside, I did find this article quite amusing. A Korean cosmonaut will be ascending to the stars shortly and what does he require? Kimchi of course!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home