Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Experimentations with local cuisine - ongoing

[As per Ian's request]
Today I dined with my sea-captain friend, Mr. Kim. On our way to the restaurant he asked me what I like to eat. I said anything. He asked me if I eat meat. I said sure. We went to a small place, and he ordered something unfamiliar to me. Some side dishes, soup and a few bones with meat arrived at the table. As I was knawing on the meat, I remarked that kimchi goes very well with strong tasting meat like pork. "That's not pork," he said with a sneaky grin, "it's another kind of meat." At that moment the waitress brought us a serving of steaming meat, and it dawned on me what we were eating. "You're really Korean now," he said. According to some, I may be going to hell for indulging in a serving of Rover-du-jour, but to be honest, it wasn't that bad.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...


it's true!

30 March, 2005 19:31  
Blogger Anne said...

Oh man that's too funny...

30 March, 2005 20:47  
Blogger zibalatz said...

Wow, Ian wins.

31 March, 2005 00:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marlene said "euw"!

31 March, 2005 13:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home