Friday, March 25, 2005

Train of thought...

Today I looked at one of my co-worker's coats and remarked to myself what a lovely coat it was. This led me to think that I should really go shopping and upgrade my own wardrobe a little. Which led me to think how I hate shopping for clothes, especially in Korea where the average young lady is fantastically slim, making it difficult to find non-ugly clothes that fit. Which reminded me of a very positive shopping experience I had in Seoul recently. I wanted to try on something, whereupon the girls working in the shop looked me up and down and said "Ah, gla-muh si-jee". This is Konglish for "Ah, glamour size." I dunno about other full-figured ladies out there, but I think that's the loveliest euphemism I've ever heard! Those snobby, scrawny girls working in the boutiques in Montreal could surely take a lesson from these girls.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your last blog about buying clothes really hit home. It is Easter Day here so I decided to get a wardrobe suitable for warm weather. I had brought 7 dresses to P.K. and to my horror not ONE would fit. This new sedentary life has turned me into a balloon! now I am forced to shop and I hate it. Ian set me up with your blog page and with your expert(?) directions I am trying to post a comment. I'll see if it works.

27 March, 2005 22:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

message number 2 - should I have signed my name? will try this message as number 1 has still not appeared grandma

28 March, 2005 03:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home