Thursday, February 09, 2006

Four Countries in Fourteen Days

Back in time to January 27th- twas the last day of kiddie camp, and the day that I finally submitted a much stress-inducing paper on the topic of the mental lexicon of second language learners (yipee!!!). That evening I headed to Gimhae Airport, where I flew up to Seoul. Transferred from Gimpo Airport to Incheon International Airport and hung around waiting for my 12:30 am departure for Dubai, where I was to arrive at the charming hour of 6:30 am.

Dubai was just the beginning of my whirlwind Middle Eastern tour - 3 days in Dubai with tour guide extraordinnaire Kubba, 2 days in Damascus, Syria at Tessa and Eric's house, 2 days in Lebanon with Tessa and Beirut friends, 4 days in Jordan - solo, then back to Damascus. (If that doesn't add up to 14 days it's because days spent travelling weren't counted.)

Naturally a great many more details will follow.

A big shout out to C. Coffin, the only one to enquire about my safety after hearing about the world headline news that there were massive demonstrations in Damascus where the Danish and Norweigian embassies were set on fire. I encountered no trouble by the way (thanks for asking).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Encountered no trouble eh? I found this suspicious picture on the internet.

10 February, 2006 11:31  
Blogger Anne said...

you iz retahded bro...

10 February, 2006 21:25  
Blogger zibalatz said...

Oh man, Ian, you WIN.

12 February, 2006 15:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear anne - auntie mary joins me in sending greetings to you. mary has been here along with jean. yo0r photos of your trip look great.

love silly lizzie

22 February, 2006 13:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home